Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marco Pöhler <mp...@eprofessional.de> on 2000/11/09 13:37:05 UTC

problems with mod_jk

Hi,

i try to create mod_jk from the tomcat sources(3.1) on a linux system for
using with apache 1.3.14.
I read the "Working with mod_jk"-HOWTO, where the compilation is described.

My problem is that some directories refered in the HOWTO, especially
"jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache1.3", does not exists. I missed a directory
called "jk", too. I've read the hints to use the source-dist, and i think i
got it
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1/src/jakarta-tomcat.tar
.gz, isn't it ?).

tia

Marco

Re: problems with mod_jk

Posted by John Elia <je...@ratedg.com>.
Sorry to those who have read before: but I see the need to re-post

For anyone who is interested.  I compiled mod_jk.so on linux (Red Hat 6.2,
Apache 1.3.14, Tomcat 1.3). here is what I did.

from ( /usr/local/jakartahome/jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv ) I
used the command line ( apxs -o
mod_jk.so -I../jk -I/usr/local/java/include -I/usr/local/java/include/linux
-c *.c ../jk/*.c ) It ran through, but did not finish, so I used (
gcc -shared -o mod_jk.so *.o ) to finish the build.  I was having trouble
finding out how to do this, so I thought I would pass on the info incase
anyone else wanted to know.  Now all I have to do is learn how to implement
it..lol.

Thanks gang for the support and help the group has provided me.

John Elia
WD
711.NET
jelia@711.net