Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by ft420 <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/07 10:53:26 UTC

NSS error code 12269 on broker and 8181 on client end

hi

./qpidd --auth no --port 5004 --transport ssl --ssl-port 5005 --ssl-cert-db
/root/cert_db --ssl-cert-password-file cert_password --ssl-cert-name
hostname

starts running successfully but when tried to run client i.e. declare queue
application it throws NSS error 8181 which inturn throws error on server end
NSS 12269

when checked in NSS-SSL error code document it mentioned that
8181 -> Peer's certificate has expired
12269 -> SSL peer rejected you certificate as expired.

Please let me know the solution
thanking in anticipation

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: NSS error code 12269 on broker and 8181 on client end

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/07/2009 10:24 AM, ft420 wrote:
> how to create new certificate?
> Please let me know the procedure.

You can use the NSS certutil tool to create certificates and/or add an
existing certificate to the certificate database.

examples:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ref/ssl/gtstd.html

reference:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/tools/certutil.html