Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/10/15 16:36:13 UTC

war plugin: using optional=true

I'm trying to build a ear structure containing war and
jar files.

I'm using maven-war-plugin instructions from
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-manifest-guide.html
(last part of this page) to create MANIFEST.MF.

Using :
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.foo</groupId>
      <artifactId>bar-jar1</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.version}</version>
      <optional>true</optional>
      <!-- goes in manifest classpath, but not
included in WEB-INF/lib -->
    </dependency>

works fine for bar-jar1, but if bar-jar1 has
dependencies, those dependencies are copied to
WEB-INF/lib.
I would expect those dependencies to be registered in
the MANIFEST.MF (they are !), but not to be included
in Web-Inf/lib.

Is it a bug ? Thanks for the help, I'm really
struggling with this ear building thing...

RE : Re: RE : war plugin: using optional=true

Posted by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr>.
Sorry, this one duplicates issue
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-111.

http://www.michaelyuan.com/blog/2007/10/09/jboss-seam-project-setup-with-maven-%e2%80%94-part-2-ear-deployment/

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html).

> > Thanks very much for your help !
> >
> > --- Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > > Sounds reasonable. Please file a bug in JIRA,
> > > ideally with a test and fix. ;-)
> > >
> > > Wayne
> > >
> > > On 10/15/07, Adrian Gonzalez
> > <ad...@yahoo.fr>

> > > WEB-INF/lib

> problem
> > :
> > > should
> > > optional.

> containing
> > > war

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-manifest-guide.html
> > MANIFEST.MF.

> not

> > > registered
> > > included

> really

> > réactions
> > > !

> > > nouveautés, astuces, conseils.. et vos réactions
> !

> > > users-help@maven.apache.org

=== message truncated ===

RE : Re: RE : war plugin: using optional=true

Posted by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr>.
Hello,

Posted by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr>.
Thanks Wayne,