Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org> on 2010/12/14 21:20:14 UTC

Apache Mahout Hackathon - Berlin - Feb 2011

Hello,

early 2011 - on February 19th/20th to be more precise - the first Apache Mahout
Hackathon is scheduled to take place at c-base in Berlin. The Hackathon will
take one weekend. There will be plenty of time to hack on your favourite Mahout
issue, to get in touch with local Mahout committers, get your machine learning
project off the ground. The venue features a bar that sells drinks (including
Club Mate) so no need to bring those.

Please register at https://www.xing.com/events/apache-mahout-hackathon-647603 if
you are planning to attend this event so we can plan for enough space for
everyone. If you have not registered for the event there is no guarantee you
will be admitted.

If you'd like to support the event: We'd love to provide pizza and drinks for
free. If you are interested in sponsoring, please contact me at
isabel@apache.org

A special Thank You to c-base for providing the location free of charge.

Feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be interested, tweet
the event, include information on your blog if you are attending. Check the
above link to learn of potential changes.

Looking forward to a fun and productive weekend,
Isabel

Re: Apache Mahout Hackathon - Berlin - Feb 2011

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 14 Dec 10 Isabel Drost wrote:
> early 2011 - on February 19th/20th to be more precise - the first
> Apache Mahout Hackathon is scheduled to take place at c-base in
> Berlin.

Just a brief reminder - that is this weekend.

We are going to start with a brief barcamp-like brainstorming session to
find out what people actually want to work on during the course of the
weekend.

After that participants are welcome to join break-out sessions or work
on their own projects. Please don't forget to bring your own ideas.

Please remember to bring your own equipment. There is a bar, so no need
to bring drinks. There are several restaurants near by, so don't worry
about not getting anything to eat ;) http://tinyurl.com/6d9lc9z

Isabel