Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/05/06 07:29:42 UTC

[Vote] PPMC - Release Apache Stratos 4.0.0 Incubating RC2

Hi All,

This is the second release candidate of Apache Stratos 4.0.0-incubating.

This is a PPMC vote - if this passes, we'll move it onward to an IPMC vote.
Please use the [Discuss] thread for anything but votes.

This release fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326291&styleName=Html&projectId=12314521

*** Please download, test and vote. Please refer the release verification
guide for detailed information on verifying this release.
The vote will run for 72 hours, until Friday, May 9, 2014, 11:00:00 AM IST
which is Thursday, May 8, 2014, 10:30:00 PM PDT. If required we will extend
the completion date as discussed earlier.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

*Source & binary distribution files:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/releases/4.0.0-incubating-rc2/

*Maven staging repo:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestratos-1010/

*The tag to be voted upon:*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tag;h=456ddc32d7e3aa2f534dae1e5b353589cd64dee6

*Tree view of the tag:*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tree;h=refs/tags/4.0.0-incubating-rc2;hb=refs/tags/4.0.0-incubating-rc2

*KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/stratos/releases/KEYS

*Release verification guide:*
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Release+Verification+Guide

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1 (explain why)

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PPMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Vote] PPMC - Release Apache Stratos 4.0.0 Incubating RC2

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
I'm sorry we need to cancel this vote due to an issue in stratos package.
The following warning was raised when starting the stratos package due to a
dependent OSGi bundle was missing.

[2014-05-06 13:20:28,662]  WARN
{org.wso2.carbon.core.init.CarbonServerManager} -  Carbon initialization is
delayed due to the following unsatisfied items:
[2014-05-06 13:20:28,663]  WARN
{org.wso2.carbon.core.init.CarbonServerManager} -  Waiting for required
OSGiAxis2Service: org.wso2.carbon.identity.provider-4.2.1

Will start a new release candidate release soon.

Thanks