Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Billy Newman <ne...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 02:50:16 UTC

Override plugin dependencies?

I have a couple of quick questions about plugins and their dependencies.  I am on a private network so it is sometimes difficult to get a plugin and all it's dependencies.

1.  I am trying to use the maven-release-plugin and during the deploy phase it is looking for the maven-javadoc-plugin version 2.5. I have version 2.8.1 in my private archiva repository. Is there anyway I can specify when using the release plugin to use a different version for one of its dependencies.

2. I do not think #1 is possible for a few reasons. As such is there a good way to download a plugin and all of its dependencies so that I can bring them over to a private repository?  I think the problem here is that different dependencies are pulled during different phases of the build, so unless I actually run the plugin I am not sure I can get all the dependencies. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Billy

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Override plugin dependencies?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Billy

according to
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/go-offline-mojo.html
Requires dependency resolution of artifacts in scope: test.

did you specifically configure go-offline to include compile scope (via includeScope)?
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/go-offline-mojo.html#includeScope

Martin

Posted by Billy Newman <ne...@gmail.com>.
Anders,