Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu> on 2005/05/20 06:26:46 UTC

schema validation after the editor

Hi all,
What is the best way to validate against my relaxng schema outside of
the Lenya editors?  I thought that there might be an action to use in a
pipeline, but didn't see anything like that.

I have the basics in place for webDAV editing (OPTIONS, LOCK, GET,
PROPFIND, PUT).  When I upload an edited doc, I would love to have it
validated before it is saved and checked in.

Thanks,
--Doug

Re: schema validation after the editor

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.
Friday, May 20, 2005, 11:26:46 AM, Doug Chestnut wrote:

DC> Hi all,
DC> What is the best way to validate against my relaxng schema outside of
DC> the Lenya editors?  I thought that there might be an action to use in a
DC> pipeline, but didn't see anything like that.

For offline validating I'd recomend sun miltischema validator
(http://www.sun.com/software/xml/developers/multischema/)
It is slightly more verbose then jing,
in particular, it reports schema for invalid elements, so u do not
have to explore schema definition to find out which elements or
attributes you miss.

--
 qMax

Re: schema validation after the editor

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Doug Chestnut wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> whatever you feel comfortable with, whereas I think a patch which we
>> could put into the sandbox would be better ;-)
>>
>> looking forward to a working WebDAV example :-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michi
>

> Sure, I will clean up a little and submit a patch.  As long as it only
> gets applied to the sandbox.

sure

> I wouldn't use this on my publications until I am sure it is tight.

this is why the sandbox exists ;-)

Thanks

Michi

> --Doug

Michael Wechner

Re: schema validation after the editor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Michael Wechner wrote:
> whatever you feel comfortable with, whereas I think a patch which we
> could put into the sandbox would be better ;-)
>
> looking forward to a working WebDAV example :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Michi

Sure, I will clean up a little and submit a patch.  As long as it only
gets applied to the sandbox.  I wouldn't use this on my publications
until I am sure it is tight.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Doug Chestnut wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Doug Chestnut wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> What is the best way to validate against my relaxng schema outside
>>> of the Lenya editors?  I thought that there might be an action to
>>> use in a pipeline, but didn't see anything like that.
>>

>> Lenya is using the Jing library. Take a look at
>>
>> src/java/org/apache/lenya/xml/RelaxNG.java
>> lib/jing-20030619.jar
>> src/java/org/apache/lenya/cms/cocoon/acting/HTMLFormSaveAction.java
>>
> Thanks, I will take a look at this today.
>

>>> I have the basics in place for webDAV editing (OPTIONS, LOCK, GET,
>>> PROPFIND, PUT).
>>

>> very cool. Can you submit a patch ;-)
>>
> Sure, but it might be better just to make a wiki page showing the
> process.

whatever you feel comfortable with, whereas I think a patch which we
could put into the sandbox would be better ;-)

> I am using the cocoon webDAV block example in the default pub with
> some tweaks and additions to make it work with lenya.  The webDAV
> example seems to be very rough, I need to look over rfc2518 to make it
> more useful.

looking forward to a working WebDAV example :-)

Thanks

Michi

> --Doug

Michael Wechner

Re: schema validation after the editor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Doug Chestnut wrote:

> Hi all,
> What is the best way to validate against my relaxng schema outside of
> the Lenya editors?  I thought that there might be an action to use in
> a pipeline, but didn't see anything like that.

Lenya is using the Jing library. Take a look at

src/java/org/apache/lenya/xml/RelaxNG.java
lib/jing-20030619.jar
src/java/org/apache/lenya/cms/cocoon/acting/HTMLFormSaveAction.java

> I have the basics in place for webDAV editing (OPTIONS, LOCK, GET,
> PROPFIND, PUT).

very cool. Can you submit a patch ;-)

>   When I upload an edited doc, I would love to have it validated
> before it is saved and checked in.

yes, that would definitely make sense.

Thanks

Michi