Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Edgar Frank <ef...@email.de> on 2010/03/15 09:21:29 UTC

APR-Installation doesn't generate libtool with CXX tag

Hi list,

I'm trying to compile a custom HTTPD-Module partially written in C++. Unfortunately, compilation fails with some obscure errors which I tracked down to that far, that libtool is missing the CXX tag. If I get it right, HTTPDs libtool is inherited from the APR installation (but anyway APRs libtool is missing the CXX tag).

I use a OpenPKG environment (if it matters) with a preinstalled APR library (the one packaged with HTTPD isn't used). Libtool is explicitly compiled for that platform, before APR is installed (i.e. compiled). The installed libtool has a CXX tag, APRs libtool hasn't. I already called buildconf which uses the system provided libtool.m4 (I got that from the buildconf output), but that didn't help. By the way - configure complains that it can't delete libtoolT: no such file or directory. Does this matter?

Can somebody help me out, how to make APRs libtool have a CXX tag?

Libtool: 2.2.6b

APR 1.4.2

HTTPD 2.2.14 (going to 2.2.15 soon)

OS: CentOS 5.4 64 bit

GCC 4.2.4

autoconf: 2.65 (used) and 2.13 (available optionally)

automake: 1.11

Regards,

Edgar