Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by kunal Ransing <ku...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/27 12:04:20 UTC

Migration from activemq & ra adapter 5.11 to 5.15 cause performance issue for objectmessage

Hi,
We are migrating from activemq & ra adapter 5.11 to 5.15. We used send
object over mq. So observed that time taken to receive message to MDB taking
time after we started using  activemq & ra adapter of version 5.15. Is it
because of it started using to whitelist packages ??

Re: Migration from activemq & ra adapter 5.11 to 5.15 cause performance issue for objectmessage

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
This is the first I've heard of such a performance difference, so I'm not
sure if that would be the reason.

Would it be possible for you to capture CPU sampling data for the broker
process via JVisualVM, to try to establish whether there is any particular
piece of code (especially the whitelist check) that's taking an
unreasonable amount of time? Another test you could do that's specific to
the whitelist would be to temporarily configure a wildcard whitelist that
allows all classes and compare the performance. Obviously you should do
this in a non-operational broker that's protected from malicious traffic by
a firewall or authentication of producers.

Tim