Posted to users@sling.apache.org by "Roll, Kevin" <Ke...@idexx.com> on 2015/11/02 14:43:26 UTC

RE: Upgrading an installation

Hi, Robert. We are using Sling/Jackrabbit as a back-end data store for an application which is distributed across a wide number of client sites. We are mainly using Jackrabbit to store images, plus some servlets and tasks in Sling as supporting pieces. Building a standalone jar seemed like the easiest way to distribute this system - we just install one jar, run it, and all of Sling unpacks and becomes available, along with our additional code. The alternative would be to attempt installation of various bundles, which would require Sling to be up and running. If there is another way to do this I am certainly open to suggestions.