Validating the list box

Hi,

I want to validate a list box if it's empty or not. The problem is that
there are two list boxes on my pages users can move data from list 1 to list
2 and vice versa ( it was developed by java script of course). Like below:

                           <<
               List 1    <     List 2

We want to make sure that List 2 has at list one item in it. It is not
important that the list is selected or not? Is there any way to validate
that List 2 has at list one item in it using validation frame work?

Thank you