Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by bimboh85 <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 18:47:57 UTC

ReWriting Lucene Queries

Hello All ,

I am a newbie and just started with lucene. I have a small issue. I need to
know how to rewrite lucene queries. I read an article which said
Query.rewrite ( the query rewriter turns higher-level query clauses into
lower-level clauses that perform better. ). But for this it takes an object
of type Index writer which i do not want to use.

Any suggestions for any other way to implement.

Thanks much in advance

Regards