Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2000/06/09 19:00:31 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include ap_config.h

stoddard@locus.apache.org wrote:

> stoddard    00/06/09 08:11:51
>
>   Log:
>   USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT on AIX 4.3.
>   Submitted by: Victor Orlikowski
>   Reviewed by:  Bill Stoddard

See my earlier comments.  -1 on this patch unless it has been
as exhaustively tested on 4.3.1 and 4.3.0 as it has on 4.3.2;
we cannot afford the potential destabilisation of those
platforms.
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include ap_config.h

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> I'll go right to the source (Austin AIX team) and see if this
> particular code has changed in AIX in the 4.3 series.

Erm, I would rather have hard experimental evidence than
an email.  In other words, please actually test it (or see
that it's tested) on the other 4.3.* platforms.
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include ap_config.h

Posted by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
I'll go right to the source (Austin AIX team) and see if this particular code has changed
in AIX in the 4.3 series. I don't think it has. 4.2, OTOH, implements draft 7 of pthreads,
which in some cases is radically different from the final pthreads spec.

Bill