Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com> on 2008/05/02 16:39:11 UTC

Reply protocol for this list?

I wondered, because based on the traffic I've watched the last couple of
days since I joined I've not detected a specific pattern, if there's a
best practice for replies to postings in this list.

In the Vim users list, for example, they like you to reply only at the
bottom of mail or interweave.

I found no practices document at maven.apache.org.

Thanks,

Russ Bateman

Re: Reply protocol for this list?

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com> wrote:
>
> > I wondered, because based on the traffic I've watched the last couple of
> > days since I joined I've not detected a specific pattern, if there's a best
> > practice for replies to postings in this list.
>
> I've given up on the top-posting thing.  Even getting people to
> properly quote only the relevant bits seems to be a lost cause.  I
> blame GMail. ;)

Switch to GMail and you won't notice anymore ;)

tom

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/5/2 Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>:
>  I blame GMail. ;)

And Outlook Express :-)

Antonio

Re: Reply protocol for this list?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.
"bottom post (gasp)"

Yup. I totally agree with that sentiment. But it's the rule in the Vim
group and hardly a week goes by but what someone has to remind nubes
about it. I wanted to start off on the right foot with the Maven crowd.

Thanks.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.