Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by MShah <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/02 01:43:29 UTC

Creating a page and adding data elements programmatically in Lenya?

I am fairly new to Lenya and CMS and was wondering if the following are
possible using Lenya 2.0 API:

1.  Create a new page in the site.
2.  Add data elements to the newly created page in step 1 above and assign
values to the data element?  The value will be a string value like the name
of a file.

Any inputs regarding the same will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Monisha

Re: Creating a page and adding data elements programmatically in Lenya?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Monisha,

MShah schrieb:
> I am fairly new to Lenya and CMS and was wondering if the following are
> possible using Lenya 2.0 API:
>
> 1.  Create a new page in the site.
> 2.  Add data elements to the newly created page in step 1 above and assign
> values to the data element?  The value will be a string value like the name
> of a file.

sure, this is possible.

You could take this document as a starting point:

http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/concepts/documents.html

The API documentation will help you find out which functionality is
provided by the Lenya repository API.

A popular approach to manipulating documents is:

* Create a wrapper class, e.g. ArticleWrapper for article documents. The
wrapper is an abstraction of the document's data model. It hides the XML
structure and makes client code easier to understand.

* In the wrapper, use DOM to manipulate the document's XML structure.

* Implement a usecase which calls the wrapper.

BTW, there's no need to cross-post on the developer list. We're all
reading the user list, it just might take a while before someone finds
the time to answer.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO