Posted to user@atlas.apache.org by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/29 13:19:40 UTC

Kafka requirement

Hi,
I'm new to Apache Atlas and I'm checking the project requirements at the
moment.
There's something I'm not sure about and it's that I don't know if Kafka is
a hard requirement for Atlas.
I would like to use Hive and Atlas and I have read that Kafka is needed for
the notifications, but was just wondering if that was the only choice.

Thanks

Re: Kafka requirement

Posted by "Nallapati, Sreenivasulu" <Sr...@intuit.com>.
Hi Odon,

As you mentioned, Kafka is the only messaging system supported  for capturing all the entity change notifications in atlas.
If you think you don’t have a requirement to get all the change notifications, you can disable the Kafka notifications feature.

---
Regards,
Sreeni

From: Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>