Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/17 19:08:19 UTC

Under replicated partitions for specific leader

I'm running into this error while writing to the topics:

Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.NotEnoughReplicasException:
Messages are rejected since there are fewer in-sync replicas than
required.

The topics and the internal `__consumer_offsert` topic have a replication
factor set to 3. When I look closer at the topics, I notice that all the
partitions that are under replicated have the same leader as well. Is there
anything I can do to fix this issue? I'm using Kafka v0.10.1.

Thanks!