Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rafael Nami <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/04 14:49:45 UTC

Tiles standalone

Hi everyone.

I was trying to search some info about tiles standalone, but I
couldn't find anything in apache jakarta site. Where can i find such
info?
What is the compatibility with JSF/MyFaces?

Thanks in advance

Rafael Mauricio Nami

Re: Tiles standalone

Posted by Greg Reddin <li...@reddin.org>.
On Oct 4, 2005, at 7:49 AM, Rafael Nami wrote:

> I was trying to search some info about tiles standalone, but I
> couldn't find anything in apache jakarta site. Where can i find such
> info?

For now, there's really not much information.  You can download
Standalone Tiles from the Struts sandbox in source or binary form.
Functionally, it's no different from Struts-Tiles, except that it
does not integrate with Struts.

> What is the compatibility with JSF/MyFaces?

Probably moreso than Struts-Tiles.  Standalone Tiles is being built
to work with JSF, Portlets, and other technologies as well as
Struts.  But it's still in the sandbox and is still undergoing
significant change.  However, that change will not likely affect the
way you create pages using Tiles.  It may affect the way you write
controllers and components that extend the Tiles API.

HTH,
Greg

Re: Tiles standalone

Posted by Andrew robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Don't attempt to use Tiles with JSF, it is kluged and messy. Use facelets
instead, they have much better fuctionality for integration with JSF.

https://facelets.dev.java.net/