Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2016/12/21 07:58:22 UTC

openwhisk.org needs to say "incubating"

Hi,

Unless I missed something, I don't see any mention of incubation
status at http://openwhisk.org/

That website should say "Apache OpenWhisk (incubating)", at least once
in a visible place on every page - ideally in the page header or
footer and also in the main titles of the the homepage and
http://openwhisk.org/about, IMO.

The incubation disclaimer, below, is also required.
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html has more details, the
goal is to avoid any confusion as to the incubating status of
OpenWhisk.

Can someone fix this soon?

-Bertrand

The disclaimer is:

Disclaimer: Apache OpenWhisk is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a
reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does
indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: openwhisk.org needs to say "incubating" (Changing the "partners" page on OpenWhisk.org)

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org
> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Daniel Krook <kr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > ...Similar to the Apache jclouds users page at
> > http://jclouds.apache.org/community/users/ or Apache TinkerPop's
> providers
> > page at http://tinkerpop.apache.org/providers.html ...
>
> Such pages are cool, as long as they are factual and fair. If they
> become popular it's good to clearly define the requirements for being
> listed there.

Exactly. It should be more a section for the community that for the
partners.

I think we got the point behind PR #157. So I'm closing it, and
registering #158 to supersede it:

https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk.github.io/issues/158

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: openwhisk.org needs to say "incubating" (Changing the "partners" page on OpenWhisk.org)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Daniel Krook <kr...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Sergio,

Thanks for submitting the pull request.

I agree that a "partners" page may not be appropriate (
http://openwhisk.org/partners), but perhaps instead of deleting this
section we change it to highlight the "community" of users, contributors,
and service integrations.

Similar to the Apache jclouds users page at
http://jclouds.apache.org/community/users/ or Apache TinkerPop's providers
page at http://tinkerpop.apache.org/providers.html

Thoughts?

> From: Sergio Fernández
>
> In addition I've just submitted a new PR
> https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk.github.io/pull/157
> to remove a section that I think now doesn't have much sense for an
Apache

<bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Krook <kr...@us.ibm.com>.
Bertrand,

I submitted a pull request to fix this and Matt Rutkowski merged:
https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk.github.io/pull/150

It adds the text in the footer of all pages, and includes info on the About
page.

Posted by Daniel Krook <kr...@us.ibm.com>.
Bertrand,