Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by roubaozi <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/29 18:08:00 UTC

[t:5.0.18] tapestry component id attribute value format

Hello all,

A tapestry component for example:
<input t:type="textfield" t:id="text1" />
after the component is rendered, it becomes something like:
<input id="text1:120f2926924" name="text1" type="text">

what is the number 120f2926924? how do I get this number from the client
side, for example if I need to set the value of this input field through
javascript, I would like to do something like:
$('text1').value = "new value";
but how do I know the id of this element after it is rendered?

Thanks

Re: [t:5.0.18] tapestry component id attribute value format

Posted by roubaozi <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the solutions. both ways worked.

to get the unique id from server side, I can do:
Client:
<script language="javascript">
var _uniqId="${uniqId}";
<!-- //
$('text1'+_uniqId).value = "new value";
$('text2'+_uniqId).value = "new value 2";
// -->
</script>

Server:
@Component
private TextField text1;

public String getUniqId() {
	String clientId = text1.getClientId();
	String[] parts = clientId.split(":");
	return (parts.length>1 && parts[1].length()>0) ? ":"+parts[1] : "";
}

Posted by Pedro Januário <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.