Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sc...@us.ibm.com on 2002/11/21 03:51:38 UTC

What's up with math110?

I just ran a smoketest and it failed because of math110.

Gold:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<out>1.75|1.75|true|
1.75|true|
0.00040|0.00040|true|
0.00040|true|
</out>

My output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<out>1.75|1.75|true|
1.75|true|
0.0004|0.0004|true|
0.0004|true|
</out>

You'll notice the trailing zeros in the gold that are not in my output.
Anyone know what's up with this?

-scott

Re: What's up with math110?

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
I believe someone recently checked in a fix that suppresses the trailing
zeros, since their presence was reported as an error. It sounds like the
gold file should have been updated at that time but wasn't. (If the zeros
*should* be present, we need to undo that fix... but as far as I can tell
the bug report is correct and the patch was a desirable one.)

General reminder to committers: Always run the regression tests before you
check in changes -- and if you've updated the tests, check those in too.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research