Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2009/05/20 18:21:48 UTC

Compile error from new contrib clustering?

Hi all,

Anyone else getting a compile error from the new contrib/clustering
stuff?  On OSX with Java 1.5:

budapest:asf_solr_src epugh$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_16"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-
b06-284)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-133, mixed mode, sharing)

I am getting:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 7 source files to /trunk/asf_solr_src/contrib/
clustering/build/classes
    [javac] An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.5.0_16).
Please file a bug at the Java Developer Connection (http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport
)  after checking the Bug Parade for duplicates. Include your program
and the following diagnostic in your report.  Thank you.
    [javac] com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: file
org/simpleframework/xml/Root.class not found

Eric

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
Free/Busy: http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal

Re: Compile error from new contrib clustering?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Matt Weber <ma...@mattweber.org>.
Actually, here is the correct JAVA_HOME:

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
1.6.0/Home/

Thanks,

Matt Weber
eSr Technologies
http://www.esr-technologies.com

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.

Posted by Matt Weber <ma...@mattweber.org>.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 3:49 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>wrote:

> What about on 1.6?

Compiles fine with JDK 1.6.0_13 on the same box.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Compile error from new contrib clustering?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
What about on 1.6?

I think I will comment out the build as Eric suggested and put a
placeholder note that it requires 1.6.  I'll also do some searching to
see if this is a known issue.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
OK, committed.  I also tried it on the JDK 1.5 and it works.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@osinski.name>.
Hi there,