Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <th...@lunartek.com> on 2003/02/26 08:58:46 UTC

XMLForm/Flow ops

I haven't had a clean build to try this stuff with, but I'm looking for
some pointers.

A common flow in many of the applications I've built for trading,
geo-science, health sciences, FM, GIS, MM, etc. a user is looking to
manage or to get detailed information on a subject.
They:
a. Enter what they know about the subject
b. if they get a unique match, display the info/management page
c. if the result is not unique, provide a list of matches
d. user selects from the list of matches and then displays the
info/management page

Right now this determination is in my XMLForms (although iterating
across an XML doc is a prob).  Would this be something that the
flowscript should be tasked with?  Can I use the flowscript to make the
page transitions something that can be described in the sitemap?

Cheers,
Thor HW

Re: XMLForm/Flow ops

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert wrote:
> I haven't had a clean build to try this stuff with, but I'm looking for
> some pointers.
>
> A common flow in many of the applications I've built for trading,
> geo-science, health sciences, FM, GIS, MM, etc. a user is looking to
> manage or to get detailed information on a subject.
> They:
> a. Enter what they know about the subject
> b. if they get a unique match, display the info/management page
> c. if the result is not unique, provide a list of matches
> d. user selects from the list of matches and then displays the
> info/management page
>
> Right now this determination is in my XMLForms (although iterating
> across an XML doc is a prob).  Would this be something that the
> flowscript should be tasked with?

yes, my vision is that flow will control all transitions between stages
(also called screens, stages or, improperly, webapp pages).

> Can I use the flowscript to make the
> page transitions something that can be described in the sitemap?

I don't parse this. Can you give more info on what you want?

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>