Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bedilu Habte <ha...@cai.de> on 2001/08/28 10:17:48 UTC

Problem with POST method

I have the following form in my jsp-file used to uoload a file:

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"
      ACTION='<%= response.encodeURL("/myWeb/servlet/UPDoc") %>'
      METHOD="POST" >
     Which file do you want to Upload ? <INPUT TYPE="FILE" NAME="upDoc" />

<P />
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Upload" />
</FORM>

The servlet "UPDoc" is used to pass the content of the uploaded file
to a helper class which saves the same into a database.

The problem is that the file is not uploaded at the first place.
Following is part of the check I made in the servlet code before accessing
any of
the other parameters:

        // the servlet inputstream
        ServletInputStream sis = request.getInputStream();
        int len = sis.available();    // this is always 0

        out.println("protocol    = "+request.getProtocol()+"<br />");  //
gives HTTP/1.0

I used tomcat-3.2.1 and changed to version 3.2.3. This doesn't help either.

please HELP!!

Bedilu.