Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Shailesh Kochhar <ko...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/20 00:38:42 UTC

PowerPoint Files and POI

Hi,

I am a developer currently using the POIFS libraries to extract text
and other information from Microsoft Word files and I wanted to extend
the capability to read PowerPoint files as well.

>From reading the archives of the poi-user mailing list, I gathered
that Sudhakar Chavali had been working on some code to implement this
functionality which had been further added to by Ryan Rhodes. However,
I was unable to find the code that they had developed, and I was
wondering if you could point me towards the existing code base for on
the Powerpoint extrator.

I would also be interested in contributing to the project if there is
still development work to be done in this area. I have been looking
for some resources that describe the file format of a Powerpoint
document for a while but have so far been unsuccessful, so any help
you could give me would be extremely valuable.

Thanks and regards,

- Shailesh

Shailesh Kochhar