Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Tina Sani <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/17 02:52:59 UTC

command line problem

Hi, I am trying to list the collections on my server,
but when I type "xindice lc -c /db" at the command
line, part of what I am seeing is:
C:\Xindice>xindice lc -c /db

Xindice Command Tools v1.0

Format: xindice action [switch] [parameter]

Where:  [switch]  implements:
    -c           Collection context (must always be
specified)
    -e           File extension for multiple documents
    -f           File path for document retrieval and
storage
    -i           Implementing Class for XMLObjects
    -n           Name
    -o           URI String for invocation of
XMLObject
    -p           Index pattern
    -q           Query string
    -u           Database URI
    -y           Force Deletion process
    -t           Specify the data type in collection
    --pagesize   Page size for file pages (default:
4096)
    --maxkeysize The maximum size for file keys
(default: 0=none)
http://sbc.yahoo.com

Xindice & VB.NET

Posted by Tina Sani <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, I currently have a bunch of XML files set up
within collections on a Xindice server machine. I have
written VB.NET applications using DOM to read from and
write to these XML files. What I would like to do now
is modify my applications so that when one of the XML
files is being written to via LoadXML, the file will
be read-only to any other applications that access it.
I am not sure how to do this. Has anyone ever done
something similar to this or know of a way I can
implement this type of file sharing and locking?

Thanks.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: command line problem

Posted by Tina Sani <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks all for your suggestions!  It is working now..I
just had to set my JAVA_HOME variable although I
thought I had and restart the server. :-)

Thanks again.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: command line problem

Posted by Tina Sani <ti...@yahoo.com>.