Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2020/07/21 08:15:26 UTC

Update Gradle in trunk

Hi Nicolas, All,

I tried to update Gradle in trunk following https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Load+new+gradle+wrapper+version+on+bintray rather than
doing it by hand, mostly to test the process by my own.

But the UI has changed. There is no longer an "*Upload* link, hidden on the header bar". I see only a Link button and it does not seem to be the same
thing.

Any idea?

TIA

Jacques

Re: Update Gradle in trunk

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Nicolas, Jacopo, All,

I tried and got no problem this time (v6.5.1). Not sure why it failed last time, most certainly my old FF and and all its extensions :D

Though you did not mention it in the wiki page I also uploaded init-gradle-wrapper.ps1.
I did not for init-gradle-wrapper.sh because I was unsure of the checksum values.
Anyway I don't think we should add them in the wiki page. They need to be updated by the Release Manager (RM), right?

As I said already, this was more for testing by myself, but also to prepare the work for release management.

I thought about it. We will certainly upgrade Gradle again before the next trunk freezing (new release branch creation). So I think it's a RM task and
we don't need to upload transitional versions.

Opinions? (note: this is only doable by PMC members)

Jacques

Re: Update Gradle in trunk

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Nicolas,

I'll try again and get back to you if I can't

Re: Update Gradle in trunk

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Jacques,

Re: Update Gradle in trunk