Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/26 01:27:57 UTC

Surgecon Meetup?

Surge [1] is scalability focused conference in late September hosted in
Baltimore.  It's a pretty cool conference with a good mix of
operationally minded people interested in scalability, distributed
systems, systems level performance and good stuff like that.  You should
go! [2]

Anyway, I'll be there if there, and are if any other Cassandra users are
coming I'm happy to help herd us towards meeting up, lunch, hacking,
etc.  I *think* there might be some time for structured BoF type
sessions as well.

[1] http://omniti.com/surge/2011

[2] Actually tickets recenlty sold out, you should go in 2012!

Re: Surgecon Meetup?

Posted by Wilson Mar <wi...@gmail.com>.
I'll be there from Tuesday night thru the weekend.

- WilsonMar@gmail.com, 310.320-7878

Re: Surgecon Meetup?

Posted by Dan Kuebrich <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Surgecon Meetup?

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.
So it sounds like there are about a half dozen of us, some coming
Wednesday, others Thursday.  I'll have some Cassandra eye logos out
around lunch both of those days.  If that herds us together then
success!  If not I'll try something more formal.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.