Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Harry <hk...@csc.com> on 2016/03/04 11:12:06 UTC

Wicket 6.16 problem with popup window to the front by IE11

Hi all,

I’m new in this forum and I am no expert on wicket.
I try to get a popup window to the front at the browser IE11,
with Firefox and Chrome it works.
I open the popup window with an item "*HELP*" from a
Choicebox. Here the code:

public class SwitchAboutChoice extends DropDownChoice<CHOICE> {

	private final Logger log =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(SwitchAboutChoice.class);

	@SuppressWarnings("unused")
	private final CHOICE currentChoice = CHOICE.INFO;

	private class ChoiceRenderer implements IChoiceRenderer<CHOICE> {

		@Override
		public Object getDisplayValue(CHOICE c) {
			return new StringResourceModel("HIST." + c.name(),
SwitchAboutChoice.this, null).getString();
		}

		public String getIdValue(CHOICE c, int arg1) {
			return c.name();
		}
	}

	public SwitchAboutChoice(String id, final PtsModal modalAbout, final
ICommonWebSession iws) {
		super(id);
		this.setDefaultModel(new PropertyModel<PtsClient>(this, "currentChoice"));
		setOutputMarkupId(true);
		setChoices(Arrays.asList(CHOICE.values()));
		setChoiceRenderer(new ChoiceRenderer());
		add(new AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onchange") {

			@Override
			protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
				log.debug("AboutChoice update: {}", getModelObject().name());
				switch (getModelObject()) {
				case HELP:
					// Makes the pop-up window RESIZABLE
					PopupSettings popup = new PopupSettings("_blank",
PopupSettings.RESIZABLE);

					//Generates URL only dependent on the current base Url
					popup.setTarget("'"+
RequestCycle.get().getUrlRenderer().renderContextRelativeUrl(iws.getManualUri())+"'");

					target.appendJavaScript(popup.getPopupJavaScript());

					break;

				case ABOUT:
					if (target != null) {
						………..
					}
					break;

				default:
					break;
				}
				setModelObject(CHOICE.INFO);
				target.add(SwitchAboutChoice.this);
			}
		});

		setNullValid(false);
	}
}

Can anyone help here?
Kind regards
Harry

Re: Wicket 6.16 problem with popup window to the front by IE11

Posted by Harry <hk...@csc.com>.
Hi Martin,

Thanks for your post. I tried to change the settings at the IE11 (Window 8)
but it doesn't work.
Also I tried to change settings at the regedit.
But the popup is sometimes in the front und sometimes in the back.

Kind regards
Harald

Re: Wicket 6.16 problem with popup window to the front by IE11

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I think this is done intentionally by IE:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=internet+explorer+popup+opens+hidden

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Bas Gooren <ba...@iswd.nl>.
Hi Harry,

What exactly is the problem? Is the popup not rendering at all in IE11?

Have you checked the javascript console to see if there is a javascript problem?

Your code is mostly about redirecting (or rendering) to a url for a manual; Is that part not working in IE11?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Bas Gooren