Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erwin Lawardy <la...@hotmail.com> on 2009/02/26 04:34:51 UTC

uploading binary file or rich document through SOLRJ

Hi All,

I have been uploading my rich document(pdf/doc/xls) though url and it works properly.
http://localhost:8983/solr/update/rich?stream.type=doc&stream.file=SOLR_HOME/test.pdf.doc&id=101&stream.fieldname=name&commit=true

Is there a way to do it through solrj as I am trying to build an application to post/upload it programatically.

Thanks,

Erwin

Get the most out of your life online! Click here for the latest news and tips.
http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/

Re: uploading binary file or rich document through SOLRJ

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
It actually is possible now to make that sort of request now... note
that he's not actually posting file content in the request, but using
a simple HTTP get parameter stream.file.  Using the SolrJ library, you
can simply use the add/set methods on SolrQuery.

But yes, it would be great for SolrJ to support posting arbitrary
streams.

Erwin, the rich content update handler patch that you are apparently
using has been refactored and built into Solr's trunk now (nicknamed
Solr Cell, aka ExtractingRequestHandler).   You'll be better off using
the new stuff.

	Erik

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.