Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by YIMEN YIMGA Gael <ga...@sgcib.com> on 2014/07/17 11:01:58 UTC

Evaluation of cost of cluster

Hello Guys,

I need your help to fix cost evaluation for a cluster.

Characteristics are the followings :

A cluster with 6 servers (1 Namenode, 1 Secondary namenode, 4 datanodes).
The configuration is given below in the tables.

COMPONENTS OF OUR NAMENODE MACHINE

SIZE

Hard Disk which will store all information.

-       File configuration for Hadoop cluster

-       Namenode and JobTracker

-       SATA, 12 HDD of 3TB

-       SAS Controller 6GB/s

RAM

-       Job Tracker

-       Namenode

-       10 GB of RAM

-       DDR3 ECC

CPU

-       Namenode CPU

-       Datanode CPU

-       4 cores of 2 GHz = 8GHz

Operating System

-       Redhat or Debian

Others

-       Possibility to get address by DHCP on the network.

-       Possibility to access Internet to install some OS packages

-       An admin account on the server

-       By default, SSH should be install

COMPONENTS OF OUR DATANODE MACHINE

SIZE

Hard Disk which will store all information.

-       Applications logs

-       Datanode and tasktracker

-       SATA, 12 HDD of 3TB

-       SAS Controller 6GB/s

RAM

-       Task Tracker

-       Datanode

-       Data processes (Map Reduce)

-       24 GB of RAM

-       DDR3 ECC

CPU

-       datanode CPU

-       tasktracker CPU

-       4 cores of 3 GHz = 12GHz

Operating System

-       Redhat or Debian

Others

-       Possibility to get address by DHCP on the network.

-       Possibility to access Internet to install some OS packages

-       An admin account on the server

-       By default, SSH should be install

NB : I would like to have an evaluation using commodity hardware (the most low cost possible). Do not forget to give the labor costs

Standing by for your return.

Warm regards
-------------------
Gaël YIMEN YIMGA

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Please visit http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com for important information with respect to derivative products.
                              ************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Veuillez consulter le site http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com afin de recueillir d'importantes informations sur les produits derives.

Re: Evaluation of cost of cluster

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Vendors should always be able to give you no obligation quotations based on
your requirements (though you may have to fend off follow up sales calls
afterwards)

Or you can simply use the vendors websites many of which will have tools
that allow you to configure a server thus giving you an estimated cost per
server which you can use to calculate an estimated cluster cost

Rob

From:  YIMEN YIMGA Gael <ga...@sgcib.com>
Date:  Thursday, 17 July 2014 10:58
To:  "user@hadoop.apache.org" <us...@hadoop.apache.org>