Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Meunier <da...@si4g.fr> on 2009/10/14 16:27:13 UTC

Maven repository restricted access.

Hi,

Some of my remote Maven repositories managed by Nexus have restricted
access to only allowed users (Basic Auth). I wonder if it was possible
to locally configure such a repository in Maven settings.xml or in
another way ?

Documentation : http://maven.apache.org/settings.html.

Best regards,
David Meunier.

Re: Maven repository restricted access.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
You use server entries in your settings to provide auth to remote
repos (Nexus in this case) that maven is talking to.

If Nexus is talking to the remote repo, then you configure the
authentication in the Nexus proxy repository configuration for that
repo.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Do you mean configuring the credentials? Sure, that's how you do it:
http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Servers

The actual repo configuration could go in either your pom or in a profile in
settings.xml.

/Anders