Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Lightology Postmaster <po...@lightology.com> on 2005/02/08 23:07:18 UTC

SHA1

RH 9.0 SA 3.02
what is the correct way to install SHA1 on perl 5.8.0, where do I get it from and how to install it. My sa-learn is stopping at sha1 and I believe this module may not be installed correctly.

Re: SHA1

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
Alan Munday wrote:
> Lightology Postmaster wrote the following on 08/02/2005 22:07:
>
>> RH 9.0 SA 3.02
>>
>> what is the correct way to install SHA1 on perl 5.8.0, where do I get
>> it from and how to install it. My sa-learn is stopping at sha1 and I
>> believe this module may not be installed correctly.
>>

> You can test your current install of SHA1 by:
>
> Start perl in debug mode:
>
> User$> perl -d
>
> Then control d (^d) to get to the debug command prompt:
>
> At the debug command prompt:
>
> db1>use Digest::SHA1

A little bit quicker way (IMO):

perl -MDigest::SHA1 -e exit

will test is the module is installed.  Or if you want to know the version:

perl -MDigest::SHA1 -e 'print $Digest::SHA1::VERSION, "\n"'

This will work for most modules.

TIMTOWTDI!

Stuart Johnston

Re: SHA1

Posted by Alan Munday <sp...@brightheadtechnology.com>.
Lightology Postmaster wrote the following on 08/02/2005 22:07:
> RH 9.0 SA 3.02
>
> what is the correct way to install SHA1 on perl 5.8.0, where do I get it
> from and how to install it. My sa-learn is stopping at sha1 and I
> believe this module may not be installed correctly.

You can test your current install of SHA1 by:

Start perl in debug mode:

User$> perl -d

Then control d (^d) to get to the debug command prompt:

At the debug command prompt:

db1>use Digest::SHA1

At this point if you see an error (or just want to upgrade):

Go get the latest Digest::SHA1 from the CPAN web site. http://search.cpan.org

(Don't do this via "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as you may need to reload the Digest::SHA1 module several times)

For Digest::SHA1 do the usual build steps on your machine:

User$> perl Makefile.PL
User$> make
User$> make test
User$> make install