Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Subramanian Kanthi <su...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2010/05/11 16:59:35 UTC

Want to Help - qpid newbie

All,
        Iam a qpid newbie and Iam hoping to contribute to the development on the C++/Java side mostly on Linux.

       I was looking at the ACL/SeLinux integration tasks, could someone suggest if this would be an ideal starting task. I will be able to spend sometime preferably on weekends. Any directions on where to start or documentation would really be helpful.

I have experience in contributing to  projects in sourceforge.

Thanks.
Kanthi.

Win $10,000 from Hotmail! Enter Here.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9729708

RE: Want to Help - qpid newbie

Posted by Joshua Kramer <jo...@globalherald.net>.
Hello Kanthi,

I have some notes related to SELinux Userspace Object Managers that I'll
post tonight when I get a chance.  It seems like every time I get a chance
to put together a model that I thin works, I find that I have to go
further "down the rabbit hole" so to speak to resolve some dependency.
For example - I was not aware that (at least with the current version of
SELinux) you have to modify the system's base policy to create models for
the various objects in userspace that you want to control.  That's what
I'm working on at this point, determining the best way to do that.

In the meantime, I've found this to be a valuable resource:

http://selinuxnews.org/wp/index.php/2010/05/12/selinux-notebook-edition-2-released/

Cheers,
-JK

--

-----

RE: Want to Help - qpid newbie

Posted by Subramanian Kanthi <su...@hotmail.com>.
Josh,

Re: Want to Help - qpid newbie

Posted by Joshua Kramer <jo...@globalherald.net>.

Re: Want to Help - qpid newbie

Posted by Kanthi <su...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Hi Josh,
            Thx for your reply. Iam not an expert with the SELinux API, I
have looked at it before. I chose that because it sounded familiar and I
thot it would be easy to start with.  If you can suggest anything better for
me, that will be great.

Thanks
Kanthi.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Want to Help - qpid newbie

Re: Want to Help - qpid newbie

Posted by Joshua Kramer <jo...@globalherald.net>.
>       I was looking at the ACL/SeLinux integration tasks, could someone
> suggest if this would be an ideal starting task. I will be able to spend
> sometime preferably on weekends. Any directions on where to start or
> documentation would really be helpful.

Hello Subramanian,

I started down the SELinux road last year and uploaded a preliminary plan
on JIRA - see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1838 .  How much
do you know about implementing user object managers in SELinux?

Cheers,
-Josh

--

-----