Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jack <jl...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/19 11:50:16 UTC

Get TF-IDF from index?

I have only used the basic functionality of solr - post and query,
which works great.

I wonder if it's possible to get more information from the index. For
example, I'd like to get the TF-IDF score of a given term, or get a
list of terms sorted by TF-IDF, not from a given document, but from
the whole corpus, or, simply to enumerate all indexed terms.

Maybe solor doesn't expose this data, but I can use Lucene jar to get
them? Since I am not familiar with Lucene, either, any pointer is
helpful.

Thanks,
jack

Re: Get TF-IDF from index?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Have a look at the LukeRequestHandler (I think it is only on trunk).

-Grant

On Nov 19, 2007, at 5:50 AM, Jack wrote:

> I have only used the basic functionality of solr - post and query,
> which works great.
>
> I wonder if it's possible to get more information from the index. For
> example, I'd like to get the TF-IDF score of a given term, or get a
> list of terms sorted by TF-IDF, not from a given document, but from
> the whole corpus, or, simply to enumerate all indexed terms.
>
> Maybe solor doesn't expose this data, but I can use Lucene jar to get
> them? Since I am not familiar with Lucene, either, any pointer is
> helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> jack

Grant Ingersoll