Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Kumar Raj <ku...@india.hp.com> on 2001/05/24 15:42:49 UTC

URGENT Help needed

Hi all !

I'm basically trying to invoke a SOAP service
available for public at "www.xmethods.net"
I'm using apache soap2_0 as client.

I tried running the sample client code(provided in the same site) for
accessing the
Weather-Temperature soap service.
I get the following error message. I have all the neccessary client
api's in the classpath. Should I have to change anyother settings in the
client code?
Kindly try to help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks

Kumar Raj

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=error opening socket:
Operation t
imed out: no further information;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentExcep
tion: error opening socket: Operation timed out: no further information]

        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:115)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:145)
        at SoapTemp.getTemp(SoapTemp.java:29)
        at SoapTemp.main(SoapTemp.java:50)

Re: URGENT Help needed

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
My guess is that you proxy HTTP traffic.  If so, the client code must
reflect this.  I do not remember whether 2.0 supported proxies or not.

Scott