Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Óscar Fernández <os...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/26 08:19:39 UTC

Contributing to the project

Hi!

I'm Oscar, a software engineer from Madrid interested in distributed
systems for big data. I would like to contribute to the project as I find
it really interesting, with a lot of potential and opportunities.

If possible, I would love if you could point out to me which are the main
challenges for the project at this point, specially in tasks for beginners
and to start learning more about it.

Thank you!
OscarFM

Re: Contributing to the project

Posted by Javi Roman <jr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oscar!

I'm happy to hear that someone wants to help!

This project has a complicated learning curve, because involve
knowledge about Apache Mesos and Apache Hadoop YARN, nevertheless the
project is in a state where whatever contribution is welcome. I can
help you personally in your learning process whether you need.

The first thing to keep in mind is the kind of help you are willing to
give, you can think in two scopes:

1. Helping with code: Where you have to know Java or ReactJS (for the UI).
2. Helping with documentation: Enhancing the project home site, the
confluent space, and so on.

Probably the first step, whether you feel comfortable with Apache
Mesos and Hadoop YARN, is setting up a development environment with
Vagrant, following these instructions:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-myriad/tree/master/vagrant/libvirt/mesos

When you play a bit around with the project, it's time for digging
into the open issues at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MYRIAD/issues

We need contributors/committers! Feel free to reach me and I'll help you!

Javi Roman

Twitter: @javiromanrh
GitHub: github.com/javiroman
Linkedin: es.linkedin.com/in/javiroman