Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Abreu <co...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/17 19:56:42 UTC

using directory outside of webapp

    Tomcat version:  5.5.9
  Tomcat directory:  /etc/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/

  I have a JSP page that displays search results and, based on a unique identifier for each result, displays a picture of each result.  The pictures are located outside of the tomcat directory structure, in a separate picture directory called /data/photos.  For some reason, I cannot figure out how to access these pictures from my JSP page in my web application, nor find any resource listed on the web on how to do this.  I would greatly appreciate help with this situation.

  Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com