Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gregor Melhorn <g....@web.de> on 2005/09/08 02:12:36 UTC

Binding Exception in InspectorButton

Hello tapestry users,

if using the InspectorButton component from the contrib library I get
an error message in the popup window directly after clicking on the nice
floating Tapestry button to start the inspector. So the button is
rendered, but opening the inspector window does not work:

org.apache.tapestry.BindingException

Unable to read OGNL expression '<parsed OGNL expression>' of $ShowSpecification_23@83fff9[contrib:Inspector/$ShowSpecification]: $ShowSpecification_23.tr

binding: ExpressionBinding[contrib:Inspector/$ShowSpecification tr]

location:

classpath:/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/inspector/ShowSpecification.jwc, line 56, column 41
51 </component>
52
53 <component id="e_components" type="Foreach">
54 <binding name="source" value="ognl:sortedComponents"/>
55 <binding name="value" value="ognl:currentComponent"/>
56 <binding name="element" value="tr"/>
57 <binding name="class" value="ognl:beans.componentClass.next"/>
58 </component>
59
60 <component id="selectComponent" type="DirectLink">
61 <binding name="listener" value="ognl:page.listeners.selectComponent"/>

Any idea what this could be? I'm getting this error with tapestry
4.0 beta 4 and beta 5.

Best regards
Gregor Melhorn

Re: Binding Exception in InspectorButton

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Gregor Melhorn <g.melhorn <at> web.de> writes:

> 53 <component id="e_components" type="Foreach">
> 54 <binding name="source" value="ognl:sortedComponents"/>
> 55 <binding name="value" value="ognl:currentComponent"/>
> 56 <binding name="element" value="tr"/>

Should be:

<binding name="element" value="literal:tr"/>

Please file a bug report in the Tapestry JIRA.

--
Author of an e-Book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: Binding Exception in InspectorButton

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yes ... even got rid of the hideous blue background!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Binding Exception in InspectorButton

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.