Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by raja24 <nt...@tiaa.org> on 2019/08/01 14:12:49 UTC

Auto sync caches with database

Hi,

Currently we are doing a POC for cache read-through pattern.
Apache ignite will support for  Auto sync caches with database, if we
add/update/delete any records in the DB.

Thanks in advance.

- Raja

Re: Auto sync caches with database

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Unfortunately, Apache Ignite does not have such mechanism: we support
pulling records from DB but we don't support updates being pushed from DB
(and indeed, DBs usually lack such functionality out of box).

There may be solutions around in various stages of readiness: GoldenGate
integration, Kafka integration, using DB triggers to notify Ignite.

Still, the easiest way here is to make Apache Ignite responsible for the
data, so that it will auto-sync its cache updates with DB (3rd party
persistence it is called)

Ilya Kasnacheev