Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/03 13:18:48 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet 1.11.0 RC6

Any chance the upgrade to Avro 1.9.0 may be cherry picked (otherwise
it will take longer to get this downstreamed into Spark).

I can work on the cherry pick if needed, just need to understand where
is the 1.11.x branch if we have one (or how is the procedure for this
in an ongoing release).
https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/pull/638

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fokko,
It seems then that getting Avro 1.9.1 is a better idea, but in that
case the question is still the same, can this be backported on 1.11.x,
eventually for 1.11.1 ? I ask this because after looking at Parquet's
release pace I am worried that we will have to wait to long to get it
in.

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Ismaël,

From what I understand from Jacob Tolar, I believe we have a blocking issue