Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2014/04/16 11:54:20 UTC

Release ACE version 2.0.0

Hi all,

The  source code of Apache ACE version X.Y.Z is available,
along with an archive containing all dependencies and a
binary release for convenience. They can all be found in
our staging area here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ace/

Please vote to approve this release:

[  ] +1 Approve the release
[  ] -1 Veto the release (please motivate)

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Release ACE version 2.0.0

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
You’re right, the packaging phase of our build failed to include those. Let’s cancel this release and fix this. I created an issue for it:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-471

After that, I’ll start a vote on 2.0.1.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Release ACE version 2.0.0

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On 17 Apr 2014, at 10:27 , Bram de Kruijff <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Marcel Offermans
> <ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> On 17 Apr 2014, at 9:56 , Bram de Kruijff <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Same issues for me. In addition I would like to see a changelog [0]
>>> when we put out a release.
>>>
>>> -1
>>
>> Bram, I propose we create a tag in Jira *after* a successful vote so we don’t end up with versions we never released (such as 2.0.0 now). so after the vote is done, we can provide a full changelog as part of our announcement. In the mean time, people can query Jira (or we can provide a query) based on dates to see what has changed.
>>
>> Does that make sense?
>>

> As long as we have it once we announce, I'm more then fine with it!
>
> On the how I personally think it is convenient to have a 'next'
> version in jira that you can assign to when you close an issue. AFAIK
> you can change the label on the version, but you can't change the
> version on closed issues. Hence you need to reopen all closed issues
> if you want to assign the version afterwards.

That’s a good idea. I’ll add a ‘next’ that we can rename to the final released version once the vote is done. I’ll also go over the issues and tag them with this version so we can later generate the release notes.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Release ACE version 2.0.0

Posted by Bram de Kruijff <bd...@gmail.com>.
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2014, at 9:56 , Bram de Kruijff <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Same issues for me. In addition I would like to see a changelog [0]
>> when we put out a release.
>>
>> -1
>
> Bram, I propose we create a tag in Jira *after* a successful vote so we don’t end up with versions we never released (such as 2.0.0 now). so after the vote is done, we can provide a full changelog as part of our announcement. In the mean time, people can query Jira (or we can provide a query) based on dates to see what has changed.
>
> Does that make sense?

As long as we have it once we announce, I'm more then fine with it!

On the how I personally think it is convenient to have a 'next'
version in jira that you can assign to when you close an issue. AFAIK
you can change the label on the version, but you can't change the
version on closed issues. Hence you need to reopen all closed issues
if you want to assign the version afterwards.

grz
Bram

Re: Release ACE version 2.0.0

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.