Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2003/01/02 21:57:42 UTC

Re: [offtopic] RE: Generating relative paths with XSLT

Hi Scott,

I have been struggling with this too. Your solution will work but it's a
real pain to have to enter the relative page depth. What if you change your
directory structure, etc. What is really needed is the ability to pass the
path of the XML document being processed to the XSL document. The only issue
is with the  XSLTProcess Ant task which iterate over directories thus
preventing passing the processed file to the XSL doc.

The best solution, I believe, would be to add a quick patch to the
XSLTProcess task by offering the ability to pass the processed file name.
The usage would become something like:

  processedFileParam="name of the param into which the processed file will
  be added"/>

If the Ant committers are happy with this, I can submit the patch (very easy
to do).

Thanks
-Vincent