Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Thomas Gier <th...@qleo.de> on 2010/08/06 15:33:41 UTC

AutoCompleteTextField and long result list in WebKit browsers

Hi,

I have problems with long result lists for an AutoCompleteTextField in
WebKit-based browsers. We're using wicket 1.4.0.

If the bottom of a result is outside the browser's viewport and you
scroll down so that now the text field itself is outside the view port,
a selected list entry is not copied over to the text field when
selecting with the mouse. Keyboard selection does work though.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Thomas Gier

Re: AutoCompleteTextField and long result list in WebKit browsers

Posted by Thomas Gier <th...@qleo.de>.
  same behavior in wicket examples
http://wicketstuff.org/wicket14/ajax/autocomplete.1

Posted by Thomas Gier <th...@qleo.de>.
  Am 06.08.10 15:56, schrieb Martin Grigorov:
> Try with newer Wicket. It could be fixed already.
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Thomas Gier<th...@qleo.de>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have problems with long result lists for an AutoCompleteTextField in
>> WebKit-based browsers. We're using wicket 1.4.0.
>>
>> If the bottom of a result is outside the browser's viewport and you scroll
>> down so that now the text field itself is outside the view port, a selected
>> list entry is not copied over to the text field when selecting with the
>> mouse. Keyboard selection does work though.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Cheers
>> Thomas Gier

sorry for not answering sooner but I've been on holidays for some weeks.

I checked with the current wicket release 1.4.11 today and unfortunately
the problem persists. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Tia

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.