Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/27 18:05:33 UTC

Issues with Struts 2.0.9 upgrade

I tried to upgrade to 2.0.9 but ran into some issues regarding Tiles.

I tried to use the Tiles 2.0.4 jars that come with Struts 2.0.9, but I
found that the TilesListener class no longer exists. Anybody know what
we should be using instead?

And with Struts 2.0.6 we're using Tiles 2.0-20070207 release, why is that?

- Dave

Re: Issues with Struts 2.0.9 upgrade

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
That's because the tiles 2 code wasn't considered "stable" when we first
started using struts2, so that's all that was available.  When I first
started using struts2 the tiles situation was a mess so I had to piece a
few things together to get it working again.  If tiles2 is actually
stable now then we probably just need to look at fixing up a couple
things to get in sync with them again.

For the listener I don't quite remember what the deal was, but I think I
tried using the tiles2 listener and it didn't work and then had to use
the old tiles1 listener which was still in the jar and people said was
working properly.  I'm not 100% on that though, it's been a while.

In any case, to fix things you may just have to hit up the struts2 docs
on using tiles and do some reading.

-- Allen