Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <mn...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/10/28 22:51:12 UTC

[RANGER-274] tag-based policies feature implementation merged in master

All,

Tag-based policies feature implementation is now merged in Apache Ranger master branch (from tag-policy branch). Going forward, any updates to tag-based policies implementation will be done the master and no updates are expected in tag-policy branch.

This feature is a significant addition to Apache Ranger, which enables separation of resource-classification and access authorization roles. This feature empowers security administrators to use a single policy to control access to resources across various Hadoop components. The implementation also includes integration with Apache Atlas<http://atlas.incubator.apache.org>, a data governance and metadata framework for Hadoop, which supports classification of resources and other feature like lineage.

Here are documents for the features added to master with this merge:

  *   Tag-based policies<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Tag+Based+Policies>
  *   Tag Synchronizer<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Tag+Synchronizer+Installation+and+Configuration>
  *   Deny conditions<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Deny-conditions+and+excludes+in+Ranger+policies>
  *   Geo-location based policies<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Geo-location+based+policies>

It took a very dedicated set of Rangers – Abhay, Gautam, Bosco, Balaji, Selva, Vel, Alok, Ramesh, Erik, Tom, and more – to make this happen! Go Rangers!!

Thanks,
Madhan

Re: [RANGER-274] tag-based policies feature implementation merged in master

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <mn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Edward,

Thanks. Yes, please move RANGER-699 enhancement work to the master branch.

Thanks,
Madhan

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <mn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Edward,

Posted by "Zhang, Edward (GDI Hadoop)" <yo...@ebay.com>.
Hi Madhan,

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.
Very good job you guys. I'm quite impatient to meet with Ranger 0.6 !! :-)

Loïc CHANEL
System & virtualization engineer
TO - XaaS Ind - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)

Posted by Dilli Dorai <di...@gmail.com>.
+

Posted by Dilli Dorai <di...@gmail.com>.
+