Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/03 14:38:51 UTC

Re: Finishing Portal 2.0 development

Sorry for the large email....

I have submitted the patches of my current work, in a draft state. It's a
working implementation with the one issue that the receiving portlet can't
be sitting on it's home page (my attempts to circumvent this by forcing a
redirect on a bookmarkable URL don't seem to have worked).

I hope the patch can fuel some discussion on the implementation. I'm going
to switch to working on using this implementation for a while, to test it
out some more. Hopefully Ate can shed some light on all of this :)

-----

Re: Finishing Portal 2.0 development

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
Still waiting to discuss the implementation with Ate before I clean up
the patch and throw away the other implementations - i think he said
he would be back this week from the US, but I imagine he will have
lots to catch up on.
I am also still testing the implementation, and improving it.

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
Gave a very successful presentation on the work the other day, including a
demonstration. I'm in the process of tightening up the patch now, removing
extra stuff, so that it will be easier for Ate to look at.

There's a brief explanation of how it works towards the bottom of my last
blog post:
http://stubbisms.wordpress.com/2008/12/25/aaaaand-were-done/

-----

Re: Finishing Portal 2.0 development