Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Kunisetty, Sridhar" <Sr...@commerceone.com> on 2002/10/24 20:59:51 UTC

"Unsupported response content type" Error...Any ideas?

I am a new user of SOAP. I have installed Apache
SOAP 2.3 on Jrun 3.1 application server on Windows
2000. I seem to have followed all the installation/setup
instructions properly.

I tried testing the installation using the instructions
specified at <http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html>

When I tried to test the installation using the fol. command
 java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient rpc-router-url list

I am getting the fol. error:
  [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol;
   msg=Unsupported response content type &quot;text/html&quot;,
       must be: &quot;text/xml&quot;.
   Response was: &lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot; -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2
   Final//EN&quot;&gt; &lt;html dir=ltr&gt;
   at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString (Call.java:208)
   at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:255)

Any pointers as to what I am missing and how the problem
can be corrected? I seem to be using the correct rpc-router-url.

Thanks in advance.

-Sri

Re: "Unsupported response content type" Error...Any ideas?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The text of the response, which is HTML, is your best indicator of what
went wrong.

As for the installation, did you follow the JRun 3.0 instructions at
http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/install/JRun.html?  I am not certain
that they work for 3.1, as I'm not sure what changed after 3.0.

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: "Unsupported response content type" Error...Any ideas?