Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org> on 2005/10/03 14:31:07 UTC

M2 failing: cause is a parser error on a snapshots repository meta data file for surefire 1.4 SNAPSHOT

My M2 installation started failing last night because M2 downloaded the
following file's contents from the snapshot repository. Do I have to
upgrade my M2 installation to support this file?

file is the metadata in .m2\repository\surefire\surefire\1.4-SNAPSHOT\
maven-metadata-snapshots.xml

<metadata>
   <groupId>surefire</groupId>
   <artifactId>surefire</artifactId>
   <version>1.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
   <versioning>
     <snapshot>
       <timestamp>20051003.005342</timestamp>
       <buildNumber>2</buildNumber>
       <localCopy>true</localCopy>
     </snapshot>
     <lastUpdated>20051003005342</lastUpdated>
   </versioning>
</metadata>

Error message

[INFO] Diagnosis: Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: surefire
ArtifactId: surefire
Version: 1.4-SNAPSHOT
Type: jar
NOTE: If Maven is executing in offline mode, some artifacts may be missing from
your
local repository.

Root Cause: Unrecognised tag: 'lastUpdated' (position: START_TAG seen
...</snaps
hot>\n    <lastUpdated>... @11:18)