Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ge...@lex-com.net on 2003/08/19 14:16:19 UTC

ODMG transaction.abort question

Hi all,

I have a question concening transactions in the ODMG API:

When I modify a WRITE-locked object A within a transaction and then abort
this transaction, the object is restored to its state before the
WRITE-lock was set. This is also true for modifications on other
persistent objects that can be reached through A.

However, when A contains a collection attribute (properly mapped in
repository.xml) and objects are removed from that collection, they remain
removed after tx.abort(). Is this the intended behavior? Is there a way to
have also the collection restored after a failed transaction?

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Gerhard Grosse